• 8 lasagna sheets
• 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter
• 2/3 cup diced onion (about 1/2 large)
• 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper (about 1/2 large)
• 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper (about 1/2 large)
• 1 pound crawfish tails
• 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
• 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
• 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
• 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
Salt water and bring to a boil. Add lasagna pasta. Remove pasta from water and transfer to a cutting board. Cut pasta into 8-inch squares and return to pot of hot water in off setting of stovetop.
In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter over moderately high heat. Add onion and bell peppers and sauté 2 minutes. Add crawfish, Creole seasoning, and red pepper flakes and sauté 3 minutes. Add tomato and cook 1 minute.
Cube remaining 1 1/2 sticks butter. Reduce heat to low and stir in butter, a few cubes at a time, stirring constantly and adding more only when butter is melted. Add chives.
Arrange 1 pasta square in each of 4 shallow bowls. Divide sauce among bowls and top with remaining pasta squares.