The holidays are just around the corner and if you are looking for something to make this year’s dinner really stand out look no further than our great selection of Turduckens.
What is a turducken, you ask?
Well, it’s not actually magic, but it sure feels like it when you take that first bite. This is because, as the name implies, the Turducken is much more than your traditional holiday bird. It is a combination of delicious deboned chicken, which is stuffed inside a duck, which is then stuffed inside a turkey. The result is a culinary masterpiece unlike any you have tasted before.
One of the biggest questions we get is how to cook turduckens to get the best results. For this reason, we have created the following instructional video with steps on how to cook turducken.
- Thawing the Turducken – To thaw your turducken, remove it from the box and thaw inside your refrigerator for 48 – 72 hours. It is important that the turducken is completely thawed before cooking.
- Preheat the Oven – Set the oven to 325 degrees farenheight and let it completely heat up before placing the bird(s) inside.
- Cooking the Turducken – Remove the turducken from the bag and place it in a roasting pan. Cover the turducken with aluminum foil and bake for 4 hours. Uncover the bird(s) and bake for an additional hour, or until the turducken’s internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Let the Turducken Sit – Before slicing, it is important to let it sit for 20 – 30 minutes. This allows all those delicious juices to be absorbed into the meats, and not allow them to run out while carving. The end result will be both juicier meat and an easier carving experience.
- Carve the Turducken – We recommend an electric knife, but a good carving knife works just as well. Cut off the wings and the drumsticks, and then slice the rest of the turducken into slices between ½” and ¾” thick, then slide once down the middle.
If you are ready to take your holiday dinner to the next level buy a turducken today. All turduckens ship the next day so you have plenty of time to have it ready for your holiday meal!