We like our crawfish in a boil with all of the fixings. Or, we like a nice sauce-smothered crawfish étouffée. That being said, any recipe with crawfish is good in our book. Let’s take a look at how some other fine folks cook ‘em up.
7 Unique Crawfish Recipes That Will Make Your Mouth Water:
1. Gnocci with Crayfish – This recipe is so good that we’ll forgive them for misspelling CRAWFISH. This fusion of Italian and Cajun is unusual. But, that wouldn’t stop us from chowing down.
2. Crawfish Spinach Pie – You certainly don’t need to be Popeye to find this dish irresistible. Go ahead and put me down for seconds.
3. Crawfish Cheesecake – You may have had of crawfish pie, but have you had crawfish cake? This crawfish cheesecake would make an incredible main dish for any brunch.
4. Crawfish Stew with Cinnamon and Star Anise – This stew sure beats out Dinty Moore and with no flour it’s perfect for the gluten-free crowd. You can add Tabasco if you want to heat it up a bit.
5. Crawchos – That’s right, crawfish nachos (for the win!). When you run out of chips all you need is a straw.
Are you hungry yet? (We have just the remedy).
Can’t wait to give each of these a try in the kitchen!
Do you have a unique recipe for crawfish to share? Please drop it in the comments so we can give it a whirl.
Crawchos photo courtesy of The FeauxCajun Kitchen